TikTok Avocado Chips
I always have a lot of avocados in the house because I love avocado toast. But sometimes they get a little mushy and I need to find something else to do with them. Now I have a solution. Another recipe making the rounds on TikTok is Avocado Chips. So I gave it a turn in the Delaney Test Kitchen for you. Plus, my Google Analytics tell me that the TikTok recipes are the most viewed pages of my site, so I thought I'd try another one for you.
The recipe for this is super easy:
1. One over ripe avocado
2. One egg
3. One cup of grated parmesan
4. Everything but the Bagel topping, or jut Salt & Pepper
1. Mash the avocado in a bowl, add a beaten egg and the cheese. Mix well.
2. Drop in circles on a parchment lined cookie sheet, mash them flat and top with Everything but the Bagel. Should make 11-12 rounds.
3. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.
These were, not surprisingly, very yummy. The next time I make them I may add a pinch of salt to the mash before baking – I think it needs a little something. Maybe it needs a bit of lemon juice, not unlike guacamole. I might also try it with mixing in a little shredded mozzarella cheese.
One Tik Tok suggestion is to double or triple the recipe, and to make larger chips as a substitute for bread. I may try that next time but that sounds like a lot of food. But if you're doing a Keto diet, that might be awesome.
If you try this one, let me know how it goes!
Kris Delaney is a marketing executive, foodie, travel enthusiast, and book nerd based in Atlanta, GA.