Gigi Hadid’s Spicy Vodka Pasta Sauce
So there are a few recipes circulating around on Tiki Tok and social, and I've tried a few of them with mixed results. But this one looked easy and the reviews were all solid so I tried it in the Delaney Test Kitchen. And my family LOVED it. They even asked that it be added into the regular rotation. Its definitely worth a try - I hope you love it, too. And thanks for sharing, Gigi!
Gigi Hadid's Spicy Vodka Pasta Sauce
¼ c olive oil
1 clove garlic
1T fresh Basil
1 small can of tomato paste
½ c heavy cream
½ c grated parmesan separated (1/4 for recipe and ¼ for topping)
1 t Chili flakes (I recommend closer to 1 T)
16 oz pasta (I recommend Rotini)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Dice the garlic and shallot.
2. Heat ¼ c of olive oil in a large saucepan, add the shallot and garlic, and cook until soft (2-3 mi nutes).
3. Add the tomato paste and cook until the sauce is a bit darker and carmelized
4. Add 1 tablespoon vodka and cook until it almost evaporates. (You can also skip the vodka altogether if you prefer.)
5. Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and chili flakes (1t, or more if you like it hotter). Keep stirring until the sauce is combined. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Remove the sauce form the heat.
6. Cook the pasta according to directions on the box. Before draining it, save 1/4 cup or more of the pasta water.
7. Add the cooked (& drained) pasta, the 1/4 cup reserved pasta water, and 1 tablespoon butter to the red sauce in the large saucepan. Stir over medium heat till the butter has melted and the sauce looks done. (note: if your sauce is too thick or simply not saucy enough, slowly add the additional pasta water you put aside earlier until it reaches your desired consistency.)
8. Add ¼ c Parmesan Cheese and stir.
9: Serve Topped with Parmesan Cheese and Chopped Basil.
Comments are closed.
Kris Delaney is a marketing executive, foodie, travel enthusiast, and book nerd based in Atlanta, GA.